Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quatrefoil Pillow

This is the quatrefoil pillow I made like my zebra print pillow.

This pattern was a little more difficult (OK a whole lot more!) than the zebra because it had to be symmetrical.

What I did was found a quatrefoil pattern on Google, saved it to my computer, and blew it up on my computer screen.

Then I ironed my heat and bond to my white material (it was a left over flat sheet from my homemade bed skirt) and then held up my material/heat and bond to the computer screen and traced the pattern on the paper side of the heat and bond with a marker.

Then I cut it all out and ironed it on to my black material. I didn't go back and stitch over the pattern. It would have been way too intricate and since this pillow is staying on our bed...I know it will be safe from The Princess:)

Sorry there were no process pictures of this...it took about 5 hours after an attempt to paint on the design. Finally at 2am we had a pillow for our bed! I have to say I really do love it...so it was worth it...right?

Price:

black material: $.90

white material: recycled flat sheet

heat n bond: $.50

stuffing: an old pillow (seriously never throw those away!)

Total: $1.40

Our room is coming together (slowly) so I will have pictures up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails