Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mod Podge Soap Dispenser

This is one of those times that my camera forgot to save every picture of this step-by-step process...except the last one:) I am grateful I have at least one picture to share! Luckily this was so easy that I can describe it...I think:)

Materials:

clear spray paint

Mod Podge (I used the gloss finish)

foam brush

paint (I used acrylic)

decorative paper (enough to cover surface area of dispenser)

old soap dispenser that needs some love:)

1. Start by taking the pump off the top (you could rinse out all your soap and wait for it to dry...but I didn't want to waste time...or soap...so I just put a little piece of paper over the top and left the soap in there.)

2. Paint your soap dispenser with the foam brush. I did a few coats.

3. Spray with clear spray paint.

4. Cut out your paper in the size that you want it to be for the dispenser. Apply Mod Podge to surface of dispenser and back of your paper. Roll your paper around the dispenser and press out the air bubbles by work from the center of the paper out to the edges.

5. Let dry and seal whole surface of dispenser with more Mod Podge. I did three coats....letting each one fully dry in between.

6. Now spray whole surface with clear spray paint again to make it water resistant. I gave it two good coats.

7. Place the pump back in and pat yourself on the back for recycling something!

I hope that all made sense even without pictures:) Let me know if you make one! My dispenser used to be brown with an old looking map design on it...now I love it! I am going to have to try this again...maybe with fabric?

I had everything on hand except the paper...so this whole project just cost me $.20!

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails