Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fabric Shower Curtain Hooks

Recently I have been updating our guest bathroom. The shower curtain hooks were two shades of brown...so I painted them white...but still wasn't satisfied. So I went through my fabric scraps and found this material that I had previously used on a lamp shade redo. I ended up taking it off the lamp shade because I thought it was a little too busy...but it looked perfect over my shower hooks!

Materials:

shower curtain hooks

scrap of fabric enough to cover all hooks.

hot glue gun

scissors

1. Cut out your fabric with about 3/4" extra all the way around.

2. Dab some glue in the center of your ring piece and place on the wrong side of your fabric.

3. Start to glue and wrap the edges of the hook all the way around.

Here is a finished one:

I thought I wanted every hook to look exactly the same...but I had more fun playing around with the different directions of the fabric.

They still are a little too neutral for me...so maybe I will go back and paint in the centers with a brighter color:)

These are for my guest bathroom that almost never gets used...so I have no idea how they would hold up in a super steamy bathroom. I have hot glued paper onto the hooks in our other bathroom that gets used regularly...and they are fine.

Price:

hooks: $0...I already had them

material: $1.50

Total: $1.50

http://Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!


6 comments:

  1. Nice! I love that fabric! Fun way to recycle it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great - much nicer than plain hooks! A coat of ModPodge or similar over them might seal them for them for a steamy bathroom... maybe? Just a thought...
    Thanks for visiting me earlier ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to bring some extra detail to your shower curtain! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that is a smart way to use up scraps of fabric. I hate throwing out scraps of fabric or paper...makes for a mess though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these on Tater Tots & Jello. It's a great idea. I wonder if you sealed the fabric with a little Mod Podge if it would resist mildew? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I adore this project. It is going in my style file for sure!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails