Monday, September 5, 2011

Applique Baby Hat


I have been working on a few baby crafts this week, and one was a hat for our little guy. He will be a fall baby and the weather will be getting colder shortly after he is born...so I need to keep his head warm. He can also be stylish at the same time, right?


This is a simple way to change up an existing baby hat. I found this black hat at the thrift store with the tags still attached for $.69. I used some left over material from my bassinet makeover and some heat and bond.



The first thing I did was use my seam ripper to open up the seams where the ears were and remove them.


You can see that there were two holes (where my fingers are poking through).



So, I flipped the hat inside out and sewed up the seam openings with matching thread on my sewing machine:



I flipped the hat right side out again and ironed on my applique. You can learn more here about how to make (and apply) an applique.


After I ironed on my applique, I stitched around it on my sewing machine:





The End:)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I'm highly impressed with all the crafting and sewing you're getting done while being preggo and raising a 3 yr old! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails