Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Simple Jewelry Organization


I've mentioned before that my nesting stage is in full swing over here. I have been trying to get everything as organized as I can before this baby comes in the next 7 weeks! If only there was enough physical energy to keep up with all the thoughts and plans racing through my mind:)

One area that needed some serious organization was my jewelry. I shared how I organize my earrings and since my earring stash has grown just a tad over the last year I needed a slightly larger frame with some room to grow (because who can resist that $1.50 rack at Forever 21??). I used a frame that I got at Goodwill and I just stained it a tad to fill in where it was dented and scratched.


My necklaces were the biggest problem. I had them ALL on one hanger in our closet and I can't even count how many times I would end up trying to pick out ONE and getting a whole knot of them about 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave for church. Nothing puts you in the mood for a nice, relaxing Sunday morning more than yelling at your mess of necklaces while hoping that shaking the whole mess will somehow untangle them all! And then having your husband say something about knowing where your 3 year old gets her tantrums from....

Ahh...here they are all nice and separated (with just two or three on each hook).


I found these tiny hooks at Target and my husband drilled holes into the inside edge of the frame and then I screwed them in. Super easy!


So now my jewelry is organized and easy to find. I decided not to use fabric on the back of the necklace frame for now, but I may add some later:)


Doesn't organizing feel good? It just brings down my stress level so much...and that's something I need in my third trimester and with a 3 year old:)

2 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful! :)
    They seem paintings...

    Another project to write in my "to do" list ;)

    ciao ciao and thank you so much
    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am laughing out loud about your yelling at the necklaces and shaking them!! and what your hubby said is priceless! :) these look awesome! i have an old mirror w/ a beautiful frame in my garage that i'm about to do this w/. i saw a post where they removed the mirror and replaced it w/ strips of lace. wish i had a camera so i could take pics of it and do a blog post!!! :)
    ~jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails