Sunday, September 25, 2011

Easy Striped Crochet Baby Blanket


I haven't been crocheting long and I am still learning so much about it (thanks to You Tube), but I wanted to make a blanket for our little guy that wasn't too big when he was a baby and wasn't too small for when he grew bigger. I also wasn't concerned about it matching the crib bedding I made. I just picked out some warm colors that I figured would work for a little boy at any age. I love darker fall colors and he is going to be a fall baby...so it just seemed to fit:)



This blanket isn't a specific pattern that I got anywhere. It is just rows and of double crochet with a single crochet trim. Easy peasy:) I used a 5.5mm hook and started by chaining 115 and then working in rows from there. Each color is 7 rows thick, except the middle orange row, which is 14 rows thick.


I like the more modern pattern and hope that our little man likes it too:)

Now I'm just ready for him to be here so I can hold him with his new blanket:)

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable! You have inspired me to dust off the hooks and pull out the scraps of yarn. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT-LOVE IT! Good thing his mommy is crafty, because his grandma doesn't have time make him a blanket...it wouldn't look that good if I did! Counting the days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really sweet blanket! And the colours are perfect. Really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, loving your blog! I'm all about great yarn textures and color. You cannot snuggle with a baby under a scratchy blankie! What brand did you use? Keep up the good work! Ü

    xo aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee!

      I can't remember the actual brand of yarn I used (oops!) but it was a Michael's brand (Real Simple...or Simple...I know...like that helps!) Anyways, it was their cheapest soft kind. I loved the unique colors it came in too. The base price was $3.99 and then I used coupons on it all;) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  5. What stitch did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I double crocheted the whole thing and then did a single crochet around the border.

      Delete
  6. What is the measurement of this blanket? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - I am a newbie at crocheting but was searching to make a baby blanket for my soon to be baby! This might be a silly question but did you single stich when you started a new color? How did you get the different color blocks together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colors!! How many balls of each color did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a premium yarn, so I used two balls per color. Im sure if you used a value priced yarn you could get by with buying a larger ball for each color.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails