Saturday, September 10, 2011

Scrappy Leaf Pillow

Align Center





I've had the idea for this pillow for quite some time...I was just never quite sure how I wanted to get it done. This was my original inspiration:









(Sorry I don't have the source for this. I saved the picture a long time ago!...I'm pretty sure it was from Target.)





I decided to use some fabric I already had in my craft closet. The front of the pillow is a muslin texture and I cut out some leaf shapes out of my favorite vintage fabrics. I sewed them on the front and then used some left over material from this crib bedding for the backing. The pillow was assembled by placing my right sides of fabric together and sewing around three sides (side to top to other side...leaving the bottom open). I inserted my pillow form and sewed up the bottom by hand.









It was a fun throw pillow to make, while using up some materials I already had:)




I'm linked to:




Sugar and Dots




Sew Much Ado



Let Birds Fly


Tatertots and Jello

7 comments:

  1. The pillow is adorable! You are beyond crafty. Love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pillow! Ypours is a world away from the target one - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pillow! I will have to make one like it very soon. Love the colors of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute, and i love that you already had the fabric to make it. hooray for thrifty crafts!

    i would love for you to come link up this or any other amazing project at my creativity party going on right now!

    letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics you chose for that. The leaves are great. I love that the pillow is not just a square, a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pillow. It's a great shape, the scraps you used work great together...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love it! it looks amazing with that chair too! i have everything i need to make this...you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails