Friday, January 20, 2012

Simple 7-Up Cupcakes with Whipped Cherry Frosting

 I got the urge to make cupcakes last night.

This was not a good idea.

I have my weekly weigh in on Saturday morning.

Let's just say I might inhale one of these the second I step off the scale tomorrow morning:)


I wasn't in the mood to get all the ingredients out to make these...so I used the Diet Cherry 7-Up trick with a yellow cake mix. It's just so simple and it's OK to let my daughter lick the bowl since there is no egg in it:) Or maybe I lick the bowl...just a little...

I also wanted to try my favorite whipped frosting in a cherry version.

Cupcake Ingredients:

yellow cake mix
12oz can of Diet Cherry 7-Up (or 1 and 1/2 cups if you are pouring it out of a larger bottle)

Mix together both ingredients and bake per box directions.

Frosting Ingredients:

1 tub of cherry frosting
1 tub of whipped cream

Mix both ingredients together and let sit in the freezer for about 20 minutes before piping or spreading on.

These cupcakes didn't have much cherry flavoring in them. I think it's just because I only used the soda this time and no cherry juice. They still are super moist and the cherry icing on top tastes like soft serve....SO good.


Keep the cupcakes in the refrigerator (so the icing doesn't melt) and notice how many are gone the next morning when you get up. I thought it took a while for my husband to come to bed last night...

And maybe eat one in your pajamas after breakfast. It is Friday after all...



Have a great weekend!

I'm linked to:

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails