Thursday, January 12, 2012

Universal Pacifier Clips

I don't have a lot of time to craft or sew these days...so when I do, I like to make things that are useful to me. And after my son spit out his pacifier during church and it rolled down under the seat in front of us...I thought maybe pacifier clips would be useful!

I wanted to make some that would adapt to any type of pacifier. Baby J keeps changing his mind on what kind he wants to take. Currently we are on the Gumdrop version so I needed to make something that would attach to the hole at the end. Here is what I came up with:

Materials:

scrap fabric
1/4" wide elastic
mitten clips
(I got the mitten clips in the $1 section at Target.)


1. I cut out a piece of fabric that was about 2" x 10". I also cut the elastic pieces off my mitten clips and cut a 3" piece of 1/4" elastic.


2. I folded my fabric lengthwise with right sides facing and sewed up the raw edge side with a straight stitch creating a tube.


3. I flipped the tube right side out (by attaching a safety pin to one end and slowly moving it through the center of the tube) and ironed it flat with the seam in the center of one side.


4. I folded in the raw ends of one side, folded my elastic in half and placed the ends inside the tube. I then sewed across a few times to secure it in place.


5. On the other end of the tube I folded in the raw edged and fed it through the mitten clip, folded it over, and sewed it in place.


Here is the front view of the clip:


It was a super simple project that took me about 30 minutes (to make four clips) and now I can attach it to a pacifier with a ring:


A button pacifier:


And the current favorite, an all silicon pacifier:


Best part...I made four clips for $1.00 and now I won't have to pick up his pacifiers off the floor anymore! Hooray!

I'm linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails