Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY: Alphabet Valentines



 Although my daughter isn't in school yet, she is still very interested in "Valentimes" Day and she was more than thrilled to make valentines with me.

I was inspired by this idea over at Oopsey Daisy . I wanted to make them a little more personal by using my daughter's handwriting.

This craft took a total of 20 minutes and I think they turned out pretty cute!

Materials:

plain white printer paper
your choice of cardstock
black and pink markers
ribbon
hole punch
candy hearts
scotch tape

STEP 1: I folded a standard piece of printer paper in half and had my daughter write her letters in black marker, but using pink for the I, O, and U. 

STEP 2: I placed the half of paper in our printer/scanner and put my own cardstock in the paper tray. I copied her original image as many times as needed for how many valentines we wanted to make (I got two valentines to each piece of cardstock).

STEP 3: I punched holes in the top and tied bows through them. I rolled a piece of tape and had my daughter place all the hearts where the "O" went.

Done!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails