Friday, January 11, 2013

DIY: Sharpie Soap Dispenser

I thought I would pop in today and share a quick DIY! Drawing on ceramic items with Sharpie markers is all the rage right now, so I decided to give it a try.

I found this soap dispenser at the dollar store (the bottom part was already painted black) and I drew a diamond pattern on with the marker. Then, I baked it on a cookie sheet (with the pump top removed) at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
 
I let it cool overnight and filled it with dish soap!
 
NOTE: The design stayed permanent for a few months, but I have noticed that it is starting to wear off now since it gets wet every day. I think this method works best on items that will be left alone.
 
Have a wonderful Friday!

2 comments:

  1. A porcelain paint pen might work better. With a coupon they arent too expensive. This is super cute! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I would never have known you created the pattern with a sharpie. My hands are too shaky to do something that nice-looking, I'm afraid. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails