Saturday, September 25, 2010

Best Whipped Frosting...EVER!

Was the title of this post dramatic enough for you?

Now, before I get comments from people saying that they have the best frosting recipe...I want to say that this is totally in my own opinion...which in my baking world...is numero uno:)

I have never been a fan of homemade frosting. It always just tastes gritty to me....I know, I know...I am sure there is a recipe out there somewhere that will blow my mind and change my opinion:) My mom decorated cakes as a side business when I was younger, so I grew up on homemade icing. I had never had icing out of a can until my teens...seriously.

ANYWAYS...my friend and I tried this recipe today and although we tried the frosting twice, it just came out gritty and way too sweet. Even our husbands agreed!

So we were thinking up ways to make the same version, but with yummier frosting. I LOVE whipped cream frosting...like LOVE it! It was on our wedding cake...which I made sure to have a HUGE piece of at our wedding! I would always opt for whipped cream over butter cream or any other frosting.

So I decided to combine one whole tub of whipped topping and 1/2 can of the larger can of fluffy white frosting...and it is UH-MAZE-ING!...if you are a whipped cream fan like me:) Oh, and the best part is it takes about less than a minute to prepare...but tastes like it's from a bakery!

It's so creamy and light that is almost tastes like soft serve ice cream. Yum! This is my new go-to frosting recipe. I can't wait to try it with other flavors of canned frosting like lemon or cherry.

So, has anyone heard of this before? Feel free to burst my "I'm so proud I thought it up all by myself" bubble:) And...you can also post links to any other homemade frosting that I may need to try:) I will try and be open minded!

And let me know if you try it and what you think:) If you make it...the cupcakes do need to be refrigerated because the whipped cream will melt.

Oh, and did you like my ugly cupcake picture? Ha! I promise my other cupcakes were much prettier...we just ate them before I decided to post about it:) Oh, and that is drizzled milk chocolate on top...yeah...:)

3 comments:

  1. HI MELISSA,
    I've can't find an email on your blog and am trying to contact you. I am holding a Disney Week at my blog next week and would like to feature some of your Disney posts. Please contact me at somedaycrafts@gmail.com so I can give you more details. Thanks.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, about the time I decide to join Weight Watchers, I read your post about whipped cream frosting.LOL! I LOVE whipped cream frosting and am going to try this before joining Weight Watchers.;-) BTW, I love your pic of your cupcake. Looks yummy!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you shared this! And am soooooo very glad that I came across it!! Super yummy and super easy!! PERFECT! I linked to you here:

    http://crayonwishesandpopsicledreams.com/welcome-summer/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails