Monday, September 6, 2010

Plastic Party Ring Redo

Have you ever left a birthday party with a bunch of these plastic rings? You always end up digging them out of the seats of your car a month later. I have to admit I have also given these out at parties...but mine were cute Elmo ones:)

Anyways, we got some of these off some cupcakes that my mom had. I was going to throw them away, but the Little Miss is into dressing up lately. So they got a makeover!

For the pink flower I cut out half circles for the petals and two green ones for the leaves. I dabbed some hot glue in the bottom center of each one and pressed it together to look like a pucker in the middle.

I started by gluing the leaves on first:

Then the petals:

I just cut out a circle and glued it into the center of the petals:

Then glued a craft gem in the center. It made the circle ruffle around the edges:

For the "rose", I cut wide strips of red felt and rolled them into tiny tubes, gluing the ends so it would stay.

I glued the tubes around the ring starting at the edges and working my way to the center:

Then I glued three leaves on the sides to cover up my tube ends:

For the "daisy" I just repeated the same process that I did for the pink flower. I also put in another row of white petals in the center.

I rolled up some yellow ribbon into a rosette and glued it to the center:

Finally, for the dark pink flower, I just cut my petals with pointy ends and glued them around the outside:

Then glued a pointy edged flower shape to the inside and glued a craft gem in the center of that:

I guess it's kind of like a dark pink poinsettia:)

And that's it! A free redo and my daughter loves them! But we took the rose ring to the store this morning and we lost it:( So now we are down to three rings. At least they were free!

6 comments:

  1. goood and beaufulll... giveaway giveaway by me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. Such a great idea. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! I may have to go find some cupcakes with rings on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea! My daughter is turning 2 and this would be awesome to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah great idea! Why didn't I think of that? These are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome idea, very creative!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails