Sunday, October 2, 2011

Work in Progress

I haven't been crafting much this week. I got a lot done during my crazy nesting phase..but now with just under 6 weeks to go until this baby is born, I'm finding that I'm too tired to do much anymore.

Since I can't just "sit" without feeling like I'm going crazy, I started a crochet blanket for my daughter. She thought that the striped one I made for the baby was for her. Ah, sibling rivalry already! So, I decided to make a very special blanket just for her.

I knew I wanted more of a patchwork type blanket for her and when I found this pattern for a sunburst granny square...I knew it would be perfect. I am using up the colors in my yarn stash since there is really no rhyme or reason to my color choices. My daughter likes "all the colors" as she says...so that's what this blanket has!


27 circles down...only 62 to finish total:) My goal is to have it done before I have the baby that way she can have it with her at my parent's house while we are at the hospital. Think I can get it done in 6 weeks?:)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had gotten more done during my nesting phase. I am so tired at this point, I am getting hardly anything done. I am paying a girl tomorrow to come help me finish up some of the last of the organizing projects. (I never got fully organized when we moved a 1.5 ago due to the strange circumstances-my parents moving out as we moved in-so now I feel like we are almost FINALLY moved into our house) I am feeling desperate! I hope after tomorrow, I will feel free to do some of my fun projects like making the baby mobile. I want to have everything done by October 16th because I hope this little girl comes early. I am very uncomfortable!

    Good luck getting your blanket done!

    Shara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, you can do it! At least you can sit and relax while you do it. I have a friend who crochets during church! :) I love what you have done already...she'll love it! Good holes to get her fingers all intertwined in and snuggle with! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails