Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10 Things I Have Learned

This is going to be a random post. Just a warning;)

1. I know there comes a time during every pregnancy where you can't see your feet anymore. However...I took this picture of my huge tummy while on a hay ride at the pumpkin patch this weekend....and I can barely see my KNEES! Apparently...you can lose your knees in the ninth month of pregnancy.

Oy.

2. Make sure to watch your 3 year old around your husband's Playstation 3...you might catch her trying to shove one of her toy CDs into the slot. Then threaten her life if she ever tries it again gently correct her with love and never tell your husband what may have happened...

3. Do not attempt to paint your toenails at nine months pregnant. And if you just have to in order to make yourself feel less gross (newly painted toes make swollen feet look smaller...right?) then don't choose red. It will not be forgiving with your lack of flexibility.

4. Don't start an 80 square crochet blanket for your child with 4 weeks before you bring another child into the world. You won't want to get it done...but your mommy guilt will push you to crochet until your fingers hurt.

5. Sometimes just picking up the clutter in your house is as good as cleaning it. Your husband will just notice that everything is off the floor and will think you cleaned.

6. If you want your child to play alone in their room for about 20 minutes...set a timer. Then...stop the timer as soon as they get to the top of the stairs and wait until they ask if the timer has gone off...which may or may not be about 30 minutes later. Don't judge...

7. NYC mascara at Walmart for $1.72 is better than Cover Girl mascara that you have been using for years at $5 a tube.

8. Next time you are at the grocery store on a Friday...just buy a half dozen of donuts from the bakery. It will go against how you feel about bringing junk food into the house...but it will save you $12 when your husband goes to the donut shop the next Saturday morning by himself and it will save your a million calories since there won't be leftover donuts tempting you all weekend.

9. The next time you decide to take apart your toddler's car seat to wash it...do NOT put all the pieces on the counter and then walk out of the room for a minute. Your toddler will take some off the counter and then you will have a fun time looking around the house for them...all the while asking the 3 year old to remember where they put the "shiny pieces".

10. Be content. Most of the time I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over. I just want to hold this baby and relax knowing that he is safe and healthy. But I am realizing that I will never be able to get back to this point in my life and I need to remember how it all felt and enjoy it. Don't wish away the days...but find happiness where you are...even if it's a hard place. Live in the moment. Dance when your toddler wants you to dance, pack a picnic for the park, and laugh a lot, and choose your battles...life can already have drama of it's own...don't add any more.

OK...time to crochet some more granny squares. Only 20 more!

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the random post... especially looking for the "shiny parts" LOL (((hugs))) your knees will be back in time ;) Imagine me EEK my knees may be gone at 6 or 7 months LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me! I am trying to enjoy this time, but it has become near impossible, but I am trying to make sure I do some fun stuff with my 3 yr old since he won't be the "baby" much longer. I don't know how women in their 40's handle the last 6 weeks. I have never been this tired in my life and I am only 34 yrs old in good health. I am 37 weeks tomorrow and baby is measuring almost 38 weeks so I am hoping she makes it by the end of October, then she will share my birth month! Don't be too hard on yourself and I pray this time flys by for us both, so we can meet our new little miracles from God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been on here for awhile...looks like I picked a good day to visit...Loved the post! Wish I could take credit for the timer trick...been using it for years!!:-) Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband notices when you pick up the house? Lucky you! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love you...that is all! xoxoxo

    ps...you're 3/4 of the way done! You can do it! (be sure to read that last sentence with the appropriate Water Boy accent) hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister-in-law just sent me a link to your first post about the granny square blanket. It looks like it'll be great!

    And I loved your list. #6 sounds like my kind of parenting!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are cracking me up!!! and you couldn't be more right about #10. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails