Monday, May 23, 2011

Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps (under $3)


I've tried a few new recipes this week and this one by far is our new summertime favorite.


Ingredients


1 1/2 c cooked and shredded chicken $1.00


2 tbs chopped green onions $.10


1/3 c ranch dressing (more or less depending on how you like it) $.25


4 strips cooked and chopped turkey bacon $.50


chopped romaine lettuce $.20


4 flour tortillas $.50


1 tsp chili powder $.05


salt and pepper to taste


Mix all ingredients (except lettuce and tortillas) together and salt and pepper to taste. Place lettuce on flour tortilla w/ 1/4 of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and enjoy!





This mixture would be great cold or warm. My husband prefers it cold. I like to double the recipe and keep the extra in the refrigerator for a quick lunch during the week.


I also want to try this on toasted bread with provolone cheese, or with Caesar dressing once I can eat it again:).


Total (4 servings): $2.60

3 comments:

  1. awesome I'm def going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds quick and easy, which is all I am willing to cook these days! I was hoping to get more energy this trimester, but I guess because I have 3 other kids it is not going to happen for another year and half, LOL! I love your nursery colors. We are not finding out with this one again (found out with our first 2, one boy, then a girl), but I am keeping what I used last time, which is a cream skirt with a bunch of red, blue, green and brown polka dots and then vintage toys all around the room. It works and I like it because it transitions very easily to toddler and childhood. I completely understand your fear. Though I have had no losses since my first 2 miscarriages, I still have moments of fear. I woke up at 4am the other night with a contraction and was not worried until they continued and I felt some cramping. After lots of praying and some crying I changed position and they went away, but the fear is still there in the back of my mind. My 16 week appt is Wednesday and I cannot wait to see the baby again. And I cannot wait to start feeling him or her move, instant reassurance when we get to that point. Can't wait to hear what you are having and to try some of these easy recipes you have posted.

    God Bless,
    shara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum-my! Can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails