Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nursery Decor Part 1: Boy Style

Although we don't know if we are having a boy or girl yet (we find out on June 10th!!), that hasn't stopped my brain from running a million miles a minute with decorating ideas for either gender:) I will show you some of my favorite ideas if it is a boy...and then my girl ideas in another post.



This is the bedding we have and we are keeping it no matter the gender. I say that now...but I may need something pink if it ends up being a girl:)








The main three colors I want to focus on are a deep mustard yellow, brown, and tan. I'm playing around with the idea of the deep green and orange as well.






The baby will be in our room for the first few months since we only have two bedrooms. Luckily our room is more than large enough to accommodate a full crib and rocking chair. So, in the corner where the crib will go, I want the space to mix with our room, but also be personalized for the baby. I made this artwork up in Photoshop...but I plan on painting it on canvas and putting it over the crib:




The name we currently like starts with a "j"...but we have found that boy names are really hard...so it may change another million times within the next 5 months.



One thing I know I want to recreate is this paper airplane garland. I love the look of all white planes...but I thought decorative scrapbook paper would be so fun too.





source



For a stuffed animal friend, I am loving this striped zebra. I am so tempted to make my own version in coordinating colors.





source



But then this octopus guy is so adorable too! Maybe one of each?





source



I am also loving this crocheted pillow. A customized version of this is a must for my rocking chair.





source



So, those are my top picks if we are having a boy! I really can't wait to find out what it is and if we really have to come up with a boy name for reals! We learned (oddly enough) that we only like one syllable names for boys. Is that weird? Anyways, that has been helping the search a bit, but not much. Do you know of any good baby name places to search (other than babynames.com)?



I'll be back with my girlie picks another day!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this nursery style! The color swatches I might actually use to decorate my living room :)
    It reminds me of a little brown corduroy baby blazers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love all those items! Those stuffed animals in coordinating colors would be SO cute!! Great stuff Melissa!! So excited for you to find out!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails