Sunday, March 4, 2012

$1 Cake Pop Stand


I made Oreo pops for my daughter's party...and then somehow forgot that I needed a place to put them! I looked into cake pop stands online...um...no. I could have a lot more fun at Goodwill with that kind of money.

Then I priced styrofoam at the craft store.

No, again.

So, I turned to my trusty friend, foam board. It never lets me down.

Want the tute? Here we go!

FOAM BOARD POP STAND

1 piece of FOAM BOARD
(I get mine at the dollar store)

1-2 sheets of TISSUE PAPER

SMALL SCREWDRIVER
(slightly smaller in diameter than your pop sticks)

SERVING DISH (or ribbon)


STEP 1: Take a serving dish of your choice and trace the bottom of it onto foam board. Basically you want the same shape as the inner center so the foam board can sit inside the serving dish.

STEP 2: Cut out two pieces of foam board and hot glue them together.

STEP 3: Cover the board with tissue paper.

STEP 4: Either place covered board in serving dish (keep in place with a few pieces of tape on the bottom), or cover the edge with a thick ribbon and sit on the table as is.

STEP 5: Take screwdriver and poke holes where you want the pops to go. I did this right before serving so I would know how far apart to space each hole.

That's it! You could also make this thicker by adding more layers of foam. Two layers is the minimum to make the pops stand and not fall over. You could also use fabric instead of tissue paper, you might just need something sharper than a screwdriver to make the holes.

OK, time to go make more treats that stand up!

2 comments:

  1. Oreo Pops haha SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I am always surprised at how expensive styrofoam is! Stopping by from TT&J.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails