Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rapunzel Birthday Party!

This last weekend was AWESOME. My baby girl turned the big "4" and I still can't believe it.

We had a great time with friends and it was an awesome day to celebrate our princess!

I had to take advantage of our two story condo and put a long braid out the window to let our guests know where the party was!

I took two plastic tablecloths and cut them into three strips each and braided them into two long braids and then taped those braids together.


Sweets table:

I made a long braid out of some yellow yarn that I had and shaped it into an "S". I covered a piece of foam board with tissue paper and hot glued the braid onto it.


I found Rapunzel plates still in the packaging at the thrift store for $.50. I then layered them with plain pink plates.




Vanilla vanilla cupcakes in pink, yellow, and purple wrappers:

The glitter "4" candle was from Walmart and the cupcake wrappers are from Joann but I have seen them at Michael's and Walmart as well.

Handmade paper lanterns and sun bunting:


Rapunzel "hair" all over the ceiling:


Tissue paper flowers and M & Ms in candlestick serving dishes...my daughter's favorite!



I covered water bottles with pink and purple cardstock. I put some heart stickers on the tops of each lid too. Also, put out some more pascal party blowers for the kids...they were a big hit!


A while back a close friend gave me a recipe for an Italian cookie from her family. They are twisted so I thought they would be cute to go along with our theme!


All in all, we had an amazing day. My little girl was so excited about everything and that made it all worth it. I tried to just use what I had around the house already to help with my decorations. The vases for the tissue paper flowers were already on display in my living room. The gold platter for the cookies was a recent vintage find, the blue cups for the cutlery were in my cabinet, and the cake pop stand was a serving tray I've had for a while.


Her birthday parties get more and more fun each year she gets older!

I'm linked to:

Sugar and Dots


8 comments:

  1. I love how everything turned out you did a great job it looks awesome!
    Julianne
    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ALL you did SUCH a great job!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your braid decorations are genius! I love all of it, what a wonderful memory for your little girl to treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome party! And I LOVE all of the hair, especially coming out from the window!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The "hair" streamers, especially the one out the window, are so fun! My dd would have loved that! I would love for you to stop by and link to my Sew Crafty Saturday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter's party turned out amazing! I love it all! So beautiful! Awesome job! I love all the little details like the jeweled flowers on the cupcakes and the table cloth hair! I esp love the S shaped with yarn hair! That is brilliant!! I'm doing a Tangled birthday party too! I'm deff inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how did you make the handmade paper lanterns? cute party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marissa:)

    Sorry I didn't have a real tutoral for the lanterns, but they are super simple. I used this tutorial(http://www.happyclippings.com/2011/06/diy-mini-paper-lanterns.html)
    as inspiration, but to get the shape of my lanterns, I folded some in half (for the diamond shaped ones) and folded some in thirds (for the boxy looking ones). I made them in 4", 6", and 8" sizes.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails