Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fried Ravioli


Want a different take on traditional ravioli? Then bread it and fry it up!

FRIED RAVIOLI

1 pkg LARGE RAVIOLIS

1 EGG

1 tbsp MILK

1 cup ITALIAN BREAD CRUMBS

1 cup VEGETABLE OIL

STEP 1: Pour vegetable oil into deep skillet and warm on medium high heat. Meanwhile, whisk together egg and milk. Pour bread crumbs into separate bowl.

STEP 2: Dip raviolis into egg and then coat in bread crumbs. Place all on a plate.

STEP 3: Place each ravioli into the warm oil with tongs. BE CAREFUL WHEN USING HOT OIL!. Let the raviolis cook on either side for about 30 seconds or until golden brown. Place on paper towel to let drain and serve with hot marinara sauce.

Smaller fried raviolis would also make a great appetizer on a larger plate with some marinara sauce in the middle.


Happy Tuesday!

I'm linked to:


8 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious!! I'm gonna have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I'm hungry...I guess I'll have to raid the vending machine here at work. oy No, but really, these look really yummy! I'll have to try as well! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! and on vintage corelle, double awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be making these for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm.. yes please! I will take some right now :) Looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just found your blog yesterday and so i made these for dinner tonight! they are SOOOO good. the only thing i did different was put flour on the ravioli before the egg wash to help the coating stick -- otherwise i didn't change anything.

    i'm so excited i found this recipe cause this is one of my favorite things to order when we go to a bar or a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails