Sunday, April 8, 2012

Corn Syrup Free Pecan Pie

I've always had a love hate relationship with pecan pie. While I love the overall flavor, it always seemed too sticky and sweet to me.

My husband hinted that he would like a pecan pie for our Easter dinner this year so I went online to fine a recipe and this one got hundreds of positive reviews and I noticed it didn't have any corn syrup in the recipe so I knew it was worth a try!

I'm so glad I took a chance because it is SO good! It has the same flavor as a traditional pecan pie with a lighter texture.


 CORN SYRUP FREE PECAN PIE
(found at Allrecipes)

1 cup light brown sugar


1/4 cup white SUGAR
1/2 cup BUTTER
2 EGGS
1 tablespoon all-purpose FLOUR
1 tablespoon MILK
1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
1 cup chopped PECANS

1  PIE SHELL

STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Last add the milk, vanilla and nuts.

STEP 3: Pour into unbaked 9-in pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done



Eat and enjoy!

I'm linked to:

Tatertots and Jello

2 comments:

  1. I have the same issue with pecan pie. I'm going to pin this so I remember as it's my Father in laws favourite. Thanks for sharing! Feel free to stop by and share with my readers. http://rhapsodyofcacophony.blogspot.ca/2012/04/pin-ed-it-made-it-party-0427.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I had to pin this so I can go back to it later. I would love to try this one gluten free.....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails