Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tomato and Sausage Pizza Pie


My friend told me about this recipe a few weeks ago and it appealed to me immediately. I love trying new recipes...especially ones where I can have some freedom to customize them.


TOMATO SAUSAGE PIZZA PIE

1 roll out PIE CRUST

2-3 TOMATOES

1/2 c COOKED SAUSAGE

1 c shredded MOZZARELLA

OLIVE OIL

SALT and PEPPER
STEP 1: Roll out uncooked pie crust onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

STEP 2: Slice tomatoes and arrange in the middle of the crust, leaving a 1 inch border all the way around.

STEP 3: Layer on sausage and top with cheese. Fold edges of pie crust up and over the outer edge of the tomatoes. Brush edges of crust with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top if desired.

STEP 4: Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

This was SO good and I can't wait to try more varieties. I am feeling spinach and artichokes next. Maybe some turkey bacon and olives with a little basil pesto on the bottom? Mmmm...pizza.

I'm linked to:

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious, did this end up feeding your whole family? It looks a bit small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie;)

      It did feed our small family of 3 (with two pieces left over). It is on the smallish size...but filling since it's so dense. Also, I paired it with a salad so that helped it stretch a little further;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails