Saturday, April 7, 2012

My First Turkey....maybe.

My husband won a turkey in a raffle at work last Thanksgiving. The only problem was they gave it to him the night before Thanksgiving so we already had a turkey and this one was frozen solid anyways. So, it's been sitting in our freezer for the last few months ready to  make it's debut this Easter Sunday!

Oh, did I mention I have never made a turkey before?

Well, I have never made a turkey before.

I looked up a ton of recipes online, looking for the one with the most positive reviews. I found one I liked and we are going to try it out!


(it's stuffed with onions, oranges, lemon, and rubbed down with butter, salt, and pepper.)

I have to give all the credit to my husband. He cleaned it, stuffed it, and rubbed it down for his squeamish wife. We did have fun telling dirty jokes while he was massaging it though:)

Because that's what mature people do.

I'm sure of it.

So, I can't wait to share with you all how it turned out!

Have you made a turkey before? I feel pretty grown up now that I have attempted it.

You know, because being married and having kids didn't make me feel grown up already.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Never done a turkey LOL I'm terrified of it! Hope it turned out well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...all mature people do that...yup. :)

    We always do ham at house for the holidays...mostly since my husband hates turkey but also because that picture you posted makes me want to vomit so doing one in real life probably wouldn't go over well! ha We have a crock pot ham recipe that is killer and so easy...put it all together in the morning before things get going and it's ready to be sliced for late lunch. I call "late lunch" linner, because I'm cool **and** mature. So there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails