Thursday, April 5, 2012

Turtle Cheesecake Truffles

 Every holiday I make a cheesecake for our family dinners. While looking up new recipes I came across this one and knew I had to try them!

TURTLE CHEESECAKE TRUFFLES

1 pkg (8oz) CREAM CHEESE

1 cup GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS

1 pkg CHOCOLATE MELTS (or almond bark)

1/4 c CHOPPED PECANS

CARAMEL TOPPING

STEP 1: Mix together cream cheese and graham cracker crumbs. Scoop with a spoon and form into balls. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and place in freezer.

Step 2: While cream cheese is in the freezer, melt the chocolate per the package instructions. Take cheesecake out of the freezer and dip into melted chocolate. Tap off extra chocolate and place back on cookie sheet.

STEP 3: Sprinkle pecans on top before chocolate hardens. Drizzle with caramel topping.

 These are SO good! I was worried they would have too much of a salty taste since no sugar is added to the cream cheese mixture, but it is a perfect combination with the chocolate and caramel on the outside.


Now, let's see if they make it until Easter Sunday!

I'm linked to:

Tatertots and Jello

5 comments:

  1. I love both cheesecake and truffles-what a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I love anything with caramel!
    Melissa
    www.lovebugliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I think found heaven. If you have a chance I'd love it if you stopped by my April Link Party to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you dip these? That is where I always ruin everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacie;)

    The dipping of these is actually really simple...which is good for me since that is normally where I mess up too!

    I melt my chocolate in a glass measuring cup (2c size) and melt enough chocolate to make it about 3/4 full. Drop the cold cheesecake balls into the chocolate, roll around with a fork. Pull back out with two forks and tap on the edge of the cup for excess chocolate to drip off. USe both forks to transfer to wax paper:) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails