Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Creating Silhouettes (part two)

 I thought I would share a project that I did a while ago. Back when this blog was pretty new, I posted about creating silhouettes without the need of fancy software, or paying a company to make them for you.

Recently I made some silhouettes of the babes to put in our living room. I kinda love them a lot.


Eventhough I already posted how to do this...I will give another quick lesson!

CREATING A SILHOUETTE

STEP 1: Take a profile picture of your subject. Against a plain wall is best but not necessary. For the baby, (since he can't hold his head up yet) I had my husband hold him up against his shoulder so I could snap a quick picture.

STEP 2: Download the picture to your computer and enlarge to the size you want. Holding up a piece of white computer paper (or something similarly transparent) trace the outline of their profile. Cut out and now you have a template.

STEP 3: Use your template to trace onto another piece of paper or fabric, whatever your choice is for the finished silhouette.

I got the frames at the thrift store, painted them black, and then mounted the silhouettes onto white cardstock.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails