Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rapunzel Party: Sun Bunting

It's birthday week here in our house! Wa-hoo! My daughter is getting SO excited for her party this weekend...and to be honest...so am I!


If you have seen Disney's Rapunzel (about 500 times like we have!) then you know there is a sun theme in the movie. I saw ideas like this online that were done with paper. When I got to the craft store, felt was cheaper than paper...so felt it was!


SUN BUNTING

1/4 yd PURPLE FELT

5 small sheets GOLD FELT (9x13 size)

1/4" GOLD RIBBON

HOT GLUE GUN

MARKER and PAPER

(NOTE: You can find felt by the yard in the fabric section and felt sheets in the craft section of Joanns)

STEP 1: Cut purple felt into triangle shapes (I made mine more curved at the points).

STEP 2: Print out sun image onto paper to make a template (I Google imaged "Rapunzel sun"). Trace onto gold felt and cut out. I also cut out the centers and trimmed down the circles.
 (I got 4 suns per small sheet of felt.)

STEP 3: Hot glue suns and centers onto purple flags. Also, hot glue a long piece of ribbon to the top edge of each flag to join them. You can make the bunting as long as you want.


I ended up getting 18 flags and 3 rows of bunting out of my materials.

PRICE:
purple felt   $.75
gold felt sheets   $1.25
ribbon   $.20
TOTAL: $2.40

I'm linked to:


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Felt is one of my favorite things in the world. I use it for everything. It's so inexpensive and easy to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute!!! I'm sure the party will be awesome! can't wait to hear about it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails