Friday, February 3, 2012

Tissue Paper Flowers with Tulle


Planning for my daughter's birthday party is well under way. First I saw these flowers from The Craftinomicon and loved how simple and delicate they looked. Then once I saw these flowers from Greedy For Colour, I knew I had to combine the two into simple sweet decorations for her party.


STEP 1: I cut out 4" squares of tissue paper (all these colors came in one pack from the dollar store...score!). Then I cut out three pieces of matching tulle that were about 3" square.

STEP 2: I folded all the layers accordion style, making sure the tulle side was facing in at both ends. Then I took a green pipe cleaner and twisted it around the middle of the paper.

STEP 3:  I rounded both edges with scissors and pulled each layer towards the center, starting with the tulle first.

I put the flowers into some vintage vases that I had on display in my living room and that was it! Easy table centerpieces that look ever so lovely;)


I'm linked to:




5 comments:

  1. Very pretty...they look so real, I can almost smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love them! :) I think I've finally gotten the girls to agree on a Pinkalicious party, since we are making them combine their parties one more year! So, now I'm dreaming of a pink candy bar, pink decorations, and pink cupcakes! :) I so wish we could be there for S's tangled party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so lovely! They might be just what a friend of mine needs for her wedding. How did you get the tulle to match the paper so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at the Kiss & Tell party over at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to share these in my Kiss & Tell Linky Party Artist Talent Album on Facebook! I'll be featuring them on Wednesday on my blog, too <3 <3
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails