Thursday, February 23, 2012

DIY Clock from Saucepan Lid


This is probably one of the most random projects I've done...and one of my favorite!

I saw this saucepan lid at Goodwill and fell in love with the pattern. There was no matching saucepan to go with it, but I decided I still needed to bring it home for just $1.

That's when I got the idea to turn it into a clock!

DIY CLOCK (from a saucepan lid)

STEP 1: Remove knob from saucepan.


STEP 2: Remove motor and parts from clock.
(At this point, I reassembled the clock pieces again and tested them with a battery to make sure taking them apart didn't break them.)



STEP 3: Assemble clock pieces through the hole on the saucepan lid where the knob used to be. Glue the motor to the back of the pan if needed. I also cut out some numbers from the original clock to Mod Podge on the front.


Have a great Thursday!

I'm linked to:

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A-freakin-dorable! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So genius!! Thanks for sharing on TT&J and bringing me to your blog!! :) Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from TT and J. What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA. HOLD THE PHONE. You can take a part an old crappy clock?! Why didn't I ever think of that?!

    I'm so glad YOU did because this is awesome. Also I think I know what I'll be doing tonight. *eyes crappy old clock*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails