Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What the What?!

Ever have one of THOSE weeks? It starts out like any other Monday...and then by Wednesday morning you are just ready to write off the rest of the week, get to your weigh in/cheat day on Saturday (only to probably find you didn't loose any weight after stress eating all week) so you can finally eat something that used to have a face and enjoy the weekend with your husband (who is gone all week on 12+ hour shifts)??

Nope?

Just me?

Well, that's how this week has gone. Monday it started with this:


For those of you with a trained eye...that is indeed exploded frozen soda. Yup. My husband did leave a wonderful  note about how sorry he was though and that he would clean it up.
 You know, when he got home in 12 more hours.
(PS-As soon as I saw this mess...I downed the last of the chocolate chips in that bag. Mature.)

Then it continued with letting my daughter climb into bed with baby boy and me...only to discover she had a  wicked case of pink eye.

Yup.

After I waited for the triage nurse at the doctor's office to call back, I was told to get eye drops and wash everything she has touched in warm soapy water. So into the washer went all our clothes, bed sheets, and towels.

Finally I got the eye drops for my daughter...and then had to put them in.

As in, had to put them in her EYEBALLS.

Ever tried to pin down a 3 year old and put something in their EYEBALL? It's like wrestling a rabid wild animal....every 4 hours.

Luckily she was only contagious for the first 24 hours after treatment (see above part about putting drops in her eyeballs) and then I was to rewash everything...again.

All this was on top of attempting to get our taxes done and realizing we never got a sales contract on the car we bought back in December. So, 4 unanswered messages to the dealership later..I still have no contract.

The real kicker? Baby boy is teething. Drooling, crying as soon as anything touches his mouth, won't sleep for more than 20 minutes and wakes up screaming like a banshee kind of teething.

He does love his TV though:


He's got a new trick where no matter where we lay him on the floor, he cranks his body around to watch the tube. True man.

SO, that's our week...and it's only Wednesday. How's your week going so far?

4 comments:

  1. oh I hate weeks like this hope it gets better

    hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard some funny stories about exploding sodas. Hope it wasn't too bad to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about it! Have you tried something to make The babies gum hurts less?? Here in Mexico there's something called kanka, helps My babies for a while... It calms The pain.. (i dont know if i am wrinting good english or just spanglish ... Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well crap. I've eaten chocolate chips out of the bag for far less stress. Hope things calm down soon. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails