Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vintage Finds (February Edition)

My husband and I came up with a system a while ago where we both get a monthly "allowance". This is just a set amount of money that each of us get to spend however we want. It keeps my husband from raising his eyebrows when he sees a Goodwill bag and I have to keep my mouth shut when he comes home with beer and more parts for his RC truck. It's a great system:)

Anyways, my monthly allowance normally gets given to a thrift store of some kind. So I thought I would share with you what I have found lately that I love!

The cutest shoes for my daughter. I would love these in my size.


Milk/juice glasses for breakfast.


I actually found 4 of these guys and I plan on giving them to my mom for Mother's Day. I have the same glasses and she loved them..so I hope she enjoys having her own set;)


I'm not a tea drinker...but I couldn't resist this teapot. It sits nicely in my kitchen.


My mom actually spotted this large bowl at rummage sale. It is now serving as a fruit bowl on the kitchen table.


I really can't resist vintage wrapping paper. It is my weakness for sure. All these lovelies were $.10 each! I loved the little brunette girl on the right so much, I had to make her my twitter background.


Vintage sheets. Love. The two on the bottom are twin sheets for my daughter's bed and the top two are pillowcases.


I think this bag is my favorite find yet. It is the prettiest grapefruit pink color and works perfectly as a diaper bag.


So, this last item isn't vintage...but I love it anyways. I have been wanting a mustard colored purse for so long and it's perfect for days when I need a bigger bag for the kids.


So, those are my recent finds...how about you? Do you like to thrift? I'd love to see what you have discovered!

I'm linked to:

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, I am so impressed with your haul! Everything is super cute and how lucky to discover the perfect gift for your mom. It's amazing the kind of stuff you can find! I love thrifting but haven't gone lately and now you have given me the bug again. The hardest part for me is getting rid of old treasures to make room for the new :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those glasses and I'm jealous of those purses. I never find anything so fun or cute at my thrift stores...although I don't go super often. Yesterday I was able to find several nice kids books...a space/rocket book for bubs and sis picked out a "dress" (princess) and "rina" (ballerina) book and some early readers with subjects that I knew would interest our kids later... along with a big children's Bible at goodwill. Sapphira has been looking through the Bible all day saying "God's word" as she turns each page...so sweet! Kids books are a thrift store and yard sale weakness for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME vintage finds.
    i love posts like this.
    thanks so much for sharing!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com
    stop by if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails