Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY: Love Your State Wall Art


When thinking up new wall art ideas for our master bedroom, I wanted something simple and personal. I've been seeing a lot of state themed art online and we love where we live...so it only seemed natural to incorporate it into our room somehow.


Wanna make your own? It's super simple! Here's how I made mine:

1. Traced the outline of our state off the computer.

2. Traced my template onto some cardstock and traced the edges with a black marker.

3. Cut out a tiny heart where our city is and glued it on. Then I glued it to another piece of cardstock and framed it.

Done!



We love our state! Do you?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I love the simple graphic look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so mysterious! But I know what state it is because I happen to love it too (I went to college there) but my heart is a little further south.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently found your blog, and I LOVE it! I also (finally!) discovered pinterest, so I'm finding lots of inspiration to make pretty things...but have yet to find the time to make it all. :-) I saw this idea a few months back and have been wanting to make it for our home using the countries we've lived in instead of states since we don't live in the US, but I wasn't sure how to go about making it. Now I know! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an Arizona girl too! What a fun & easy project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails