Wednesday, August 1, 2012

30 Day Food Challenge

I don't know what I've gotten myself into.

I've given myself the challenge of eating at home for 30 days.

Yikes.

Not sure I can do it, but I know that we will feel better, save money, and have more meals together at our dinner table.

It's not really that we eat out a ton or that we are eating a lot of fast food (but seriously, if I eat at Chipotle one more time...I might puke). I have just gotten lazy about cooking at home while I'm working on a few projects. Some exciting things have been happening with this little blog and it has redirected my focus on being intentional with my time in the kitchen. My lack of energy to cook has made me sad because I really do love it. I love coming up with new recipes and making good, nutritious meals for my family.

In order to not freak out my husband completely (the man loves his Jimmy Johns on the weekends), we will splurge on one weekend meal, but the others will be at home, together.

In order to keep myself accountable, I will be posting one meal photo a day on Twitter and Facebook.

Wanna do it with me? Share your Twitter or Facebook page and we can do it together!

Besides, it can't be all bad to have some extra money for some vintage shopping in the end, right?

3 comments:

  1. I cook at least 5 nights a week with leftovers on night and Fish and Chips on Sunday night. (Its our tradition.) With a well stocked pantry its becoming easier for me to cook at home most nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you!!! this summer has been crazy busy for us and at the end of spring my son was playing t-ball so home cooking hasn't been happening nearly enough. i have missed it too!! i cooked mon and tues and felt so good about myself! my daughter is starting pre-k this year so i'll be kid free during the day. hoping to get some major organization going on w/ food once school starts! can't wait to follow your journey and recipes! good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family has been living in Spain for one year now and eating at home almost exclusively for 11 months. The restaurant hours are horrible here and with children 6, 3, and 5 months, eating at home is easier. My tips? Always have some freezer meals ready to go and a simple go to meal that takes 15 minutes to prepare (for us that is cheese tortellini with marinara and either a salad or some crudités. I would love to share and follow along! My facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/echerepko Buena suerte!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails