Monday, August 13, 2012

Recipe: Chicken and Spinach Calzones




The 30 Day Food Challenge is going well! If you are following on Facebook or Twitter...you can see I haven't given up yet. Thanks for keeping me accountable, guys;)

What I'm finding is after the first week of the challenge...it got pretty darn easy! I am able to make two and three meals at a time and I love when I don't have to worry about dinner

(you know, when it's about 10 minutes before the hubs is home, I have a four year old that is practicing her sass, and am 8 month old who decided he either needs to pull my laptop off the end table or be held every other minute)


CHICKEN AND SPINACH CALZONES
(makes 4)

REFRIGERATED WHOLE GRAIN PIZZA DOUGH (or home made)

1 cup COOKED CHICKEN

1/2 cup FROZEN SPINACH (thawed and drained)

1/2 cup ALFREDO SAUCE

1 GARLIC CLOVE

1 cup shredded MOZZARELLA CHEESE

STEP1: Grate garlic clove into alfredo sauce (I use a hand grater). Mix in chicken and spinach. You can add more sauce if you like...you just want the consistency to be like chicken salad...not too runny.

STEP 2: Roll out pizza dough onto cookie sheet, pressing evenly and using the whole pan. Cut into four equal pieces.

STEP 3: Divide mixture evenly on one side of each dough piece (with room to fold the other side over)

STEP 4: Sprinkle top of mixture with shredded cheese. Fold over other end of pizza dough and roll the bottom dough up over the top dough, sealing the edges.

STEP 5: Bake per dough package instructions.



These are great to serve right away, or make them ahead of time to reheat for lunch.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails