Friday, August 17, 2012

The Perfect Sugar Cookie: Mickey Mouse Version


I've struggled with making cut out cookies. I haven't seemed to find a recipe I like and then comes the whole bother of rolling on a floured surface and then the cursing that comes about 1 hour into the process.

Yup, makes for some great Christmas memories.

I finally rented the book Cookie Craft.

I was skeptical. But Bakerella said it worked...and well, you listen to anything she says.

So, I tried it.

And it worked.

It totally freakin' worked!

I won't be posting the recipe here since it's copywrited (and you really need to read the whole book anyways, because it's amazing). But I have never made such wonderful sugar cookies that looked great, tasted great, and didn't leave me in tears!

I am loving the Mickey Mouse cookie cutter I recently ordered off Ebay. I made up some plain to decorate later, but I also decorated some with sprinkles before baking and they turned out great too.


Now off to find some more fun cookie cutters since cut out cookies don't scare me anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Saw your blog through a link to the paper heart wall art. Cute!

    I love interesting cookie cutters. In fact, at my house, we have a cookie cutter drawer. This is a great site for finding all sorts of cool ones at a low price: http://cookiecutter.com/.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails