Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Doing It!

Um yeah...I'll be here next Sunday. As in, 10 days from now. Kinda scary, exciting, and nausea inducing all at the same time!


Doing a half marathon has always been something I wanted to accomplish and it was one of my resolutions for this year (remember those...from about 8 months ago?)
It actually started a couple of years ago when I was watching an episode of Biggest Loser where one of the finalists participated in the Disneyland marathon and I thought it was just something that they put together for the show. I thought, "There's no way you get to run through the park in real life...but if there was, I would totally do it!"
Well, at the beginning of the year I was bored and decided to Google this idea of a Disneyland half marathon and found out it actually existed! And registration was opening in a week!
And I signed up a week later.
Then I freaked out.
Then I started training.
Now I'm 10 days away!
I am so beyond excited and just hoping to finish strong and have a great experience! I have already met some great people on Facebook that are "ralking" it too (run/walking method) and I got my final corral number this week! Eeek!
And of course you can't go to Anaheim without having a family day at Disneyland, so expect many Disney themed crafts on here soon:)
Oh, and if you have any advice on half marathon happenings....PLEASE share in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That sounds awesome! Good luck and have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in the words for the Waterboy...You can dooo it!!!!
    I know you'll be great! Be sure to take lots of pictures and tell us all about it! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best of luck with it! I've still got a few months left, but I'd love to hear how you got on :)

    Lucy x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you enjoy it! You have already put in all the hard work so don't let your mind play mess with you and freak yourself out. Just sit back, put one foot in front of the other, and enjoy every second of it. You will be awesome!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails