Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Making a Creative Space

 
We have this weird cut out in our home. When we moved in...we weren't quite sure what to do with it. It's where the cable hook ups are for a television...but it's not center in the living room...and we don't have cable anyways.
 
I had my grandma's dresser in there for a while, then we let my brother borrow it for his new apartment. So, back to square one with "the nook".
 
At a trip to Ikea, I like the look of the wire and hooks they have to display art...but not the price ($12.99? No thanks.) so I decided to recreate the same idea for cheaper. I picked up one of their $1.99 curtain rods and a pack of curtain hooks for $2.99. My mom bought my daughter this table and chairs from Ikea too for her birthday (can't beat $19.99 for three pieces!) and it all fits perfectly.


There is a lot of crafting and creating in this space and my daughter loves that she gets to display her artwork in the living room for all to see. I love that it's a part of our home decor as well!
 


A $5 transformation that made my 4 year old and myself happy. Not too bad;) 

8 comments:

  1. i love it! what a cute little nook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your use of the space. Love the decor on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Great thinking with the curtain rod and rings. What a happy little space :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect way to fill that space! Love it!

    Jen
    sewfabulous-now.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. is the striped G a DIY or did you buy it? I love the size and font.... please tell me where I can get one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a large paper mache letter that sold at Joann (9.99 I think? Pre-coupon). My friend gifted it to me when she redecorated her daughter's room. I painted it in gray and white striped with acrylic paint.

      Delete
  6. I pinned this last week and it was one of my most popular pins, so you've been featured on my latest post!! I will be doing this for our kids playroom, love the idea!!

    http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com/2013/01/fab-pins-of-week.html

    Fotini

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails