Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DIY: Beads and Bow Onesie


Along with the ruffle onesie, I made this painted beads and bow onesie for my friend's baby girl.
 
Materials:
 
black fabric paint
black fabric marker
black ribbon
matching thread
pencil with eraser on the end
 
STEP 1: I made all the dots with the fabric paint by dipping the eraser end of a pencil into the paint and stamping it on the shirt. I made a few rows of "pearls" and let them dry overnight.
 
STEP 2: I took a fabric pen to draw in "strings" between the pearls.
 
STEP 3: I tied a bow with some ribbon and then held the raw edges over a burning candle to seal them from fraying. I sewed the ribbon onto the onesie.
 
I think you could do this with any size shirt! It does look especially cute on a onesie though:)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 4 post on Sep. 18, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails