Friday, September 21, 2012

DIY: Potholder Hook

 
This craft was actually a failure as far as what I intended it to be (a mug rack), but it ended up serving a better purpose (a potholder rack).
 
You see, I kind of have an obsession with vintage mugs. I wanted to make a mug rack, but after I assembled this, I realized that most of the handles on my mugs wouldn't fit over the hooks.
 
Bummer.
 
But, then I spotted my potholders and realized it would be perfect for those. Plus, the rack can hold one of my smaller mugs (and my favorite!) so I have a quick cup to grab for cooking on the stove.
 
STEP 1: I took an old piece of wood from the garage and sanded down the edges.
 
STEP 2: I nailed in some picture hooks onto the back of the board and then used some silver hooks onto the front that I had leftover from my necklace holder.


I love the simplicity of it and that it was made with stuff I already had.
 

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 3 post on Sep. 21, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails