Thursday, September 20, 2012

Recipe: Baked Eggs

 
We are a lazy family in the morning. My kids like to sleep in until about 8 or 9...and I am totally fine with that;)
 
I'm always looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas that are better than just pouring a bowl of cereal (don't get me wrong...I love me some cheerios). I've been seeing baked eggs around Pinterest and decided to experiment a bit with some eggs that were about to go bad...whoops.
 
I made three varieties and they were even kid approved.
 
Start by spraying  a muffin pan with a little non stick spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
 
PLAIN EGG
Crack egg into cup. Top with a little pepper.
 
TURKEY and CHEESE EGG
Lay a piece of deli turkey into cup. Whisk egg and pour into cup (about 1/4 c of egg). Top with 1 tbsp cheddar cheese. Top with a little pepper.
.

TURKEY BACON, ONION, and CHEESE EGG
Wrap piece of turkey bacon around the rim of the cup. Whisk egg and pour in. Top with some chopped white onions and mozzarella cheese. Top off with some dried parsley flakes.


 
 Bake all eggs at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.


Now I have eggs that can be their own meal or added to some whole grain bread for breakfast sandwiches.


5 comments:

  1. Those look scrumptious! We've made muffin tin eggs before by using deli ham and eggs, but I never thought to just use egg before. That'd be great to make an egg sandwich with. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll with all these tasty food posts! With the turkey bacon, was it fully cooked and crispy, or was it tough? I have been thinking about making those bacon cups with turkey bacon, but I was wondering about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bacon was cooked all the way through and crispier around the top edges. I didn't think it was tough and it was Shayne's favorite one;)

      Delete
  3. i love that you put turkey in it!!! i'm definitely doing this in the morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails