Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Recipe: Cheesy Chicken and Tots


I'm a little obsessed with the crock pot lately. It's a life saver when my husband works 12 hour shifts and the house smelling yummy all day isn't too bad either;)
 
My friend pinned this recipe and I had to try it!
 
CHEESY CHICKEN and TATER TOTS
 
1 (32oz) bag of frozen TATER TOTS
2 cups shredded CHEDDAR CHEESE
3/4 cup MILK
1/2 cup cooked chopped TURKEY BACON
1 pound cubed CHICKEN
 
STEP 1: Spray the inside of the crock pot with non-stick spray. Layer half the tater tots on the bottom. Top with 1/3 of the bacon and 1/3 of the cheese.
 
STEP 2: Layer chicken on top then 1/3 more of cheese. Then, finish with 1/3 bacon, rest of the tater tots, the rest of the bacon, and the rest of the cheese. Pour milk over the top and cover.
 
STEP 3: Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
 
(NOTE: When I made this, I already had some cooked chicken, so I layered it all and put it on warm for the afternoon and it cooked together just fine).
 
Oh, and I got a new pretty crock pot:
 
 
I loved my vintage one, but it was starting to not work so well, and I needed something I felt safe leaving on when we were out doing errands. Plus...this new one is adorable!
 
(I got it at Target...if you're wondering)
 
Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new recipe! Anything with bacon in it works for us! Love the new crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! This recipe looks so tasty that Jeff might even approve of a crock pot dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how many servings would this recipe be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The full recipe is probably about 6-8 servings. I made half that and it fed the three of us (and Clayton twice!)

      Delete
  4. Have the same crockpot! :) Got it on sale at Target!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails