Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats

 
I was walking through the grocery store and spotted some pumpkin spice marshmallows...and before my brain could process it, my hand was reaching for them and placing them in the cart.
 
Don't you hate it when that happens?
 
I knew I had to try out some pumpkin flavored rice crispy treats. Wanna make them too?
 
PUMPKIN SPICE RICE CRISPY TREATS
(adapted from the Original Rice Crispy Treats recipe)
 
3 tbsp BUTTER
 
8oz package of PUMPKIN SPICE MARSHMALLOWS
 
6 cups RICE CEREAL
 
cooking spray
 
 
STEP 1: Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Once melted, stir in marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
 
STEP 2: Mix in rice cereal and stir until combined. Pour into 9x13 pan (sprayed with cooking oil) and use a buttered spatula to press into pan. Let cool and serve.
 
These are a fun spin on a traditional treat and makes me ever more ready for pumpkin patches and hay rides!
 
Happy Tuesday:)

I'm linked to:
Tatertots and Jello

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this on Pinterest, and these sound yummy! Just yesterday I noticed the pumpkin spice marshmallows at the grocery, and I wondered what I could use them for. Now I know! I'm pinning this right now, and adding those marshmallows to my grocery list. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way!!! pumpkin marshmallows???? i can't express how much i love pumpkin and i will be trying these very soon!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails